Wednesday, September 12, 2012

YOLO APOLLO?

Dear Soul Gods,

What have I done to deserve your scorn and contempt?

Have I not worshipped you appropriately?

Have I not bowed down at the foot of Sam Cooke? Read the Gospel of Marvin? Sung (albeit badly) the Psalms of Pickett?

I once more make my pilgrimage to your Mecca on 125th Street to tour your hallowed theatre only to be once more denied entry.

I know you work in mysterious ways but to reschedule a tour when I only have one chance to see you is just cruel.

So I trudge back to mid-town, head slumped like Charlie Brown and get ready to hop on a plane home, having once more failed to see the inside of the grand Apollo.

Always yours,

Disco Stu

P.S. Harlem is looking swell.

1 comment:

Woosley Surfboards said...

A brilliant piece of prose albeit sad, lamenting prose! Your language poetic - your message pathetic - how could you not bribe a doorman, security guard, paper boy - anyone to gain at least a 5 minute homage to the hallowed hall? Ah well there is an excuse for another sojourn to the Big Apple! Flywheel