Sunday, July 12, 2009

When you go will you send back a letter from America?

On Wednesday I set off for North America, my first lengthy period away from work since 2006. My original plan for the trip (concocted late last year) was audacious to say the least, involving hiring a car for the bulk of it and a week in the Cuban summer drinking Papa Dobles like Hemingway.

Things have changed considerably since then and whilst I have sadly cast aside my Havana nights and cities like Philly and Chi-Town the trip is still as exciting as ever. One that, predictably, has more of a music focus.

I have the great fortune of seeing Pete Yorn in New York City and U2 in Dublin. The side trip to Dublin alone WILL be a tale to tell. I am also looking forward to checking out a local blues band in Memphis and a bit of country whilst in Nashville - perhaps even visit the Grand Ole Opry itself.

Of course my holiday wouldn't be complete without hearing what catchy new tunes Mr Gillespie has cookin'.

I'll try to keep you all updated on my travels as I traverse the highways of the New World. Until then, here's something that will get the Scottish blood pumping:



See you on the other side.

No comments: